Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
Speech and Language Pathologist
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) is a community of high-performing public schools that utilizes a comprehensive approach to prepare students from preschool through high school for success in college and in life. We integrate academic rigor, community, family, and wellness to empower students to thrive in a culturally connected and changing world. Founded in 2000, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy students represent the neighborhood of MacArthur Park west of downtown Los Angeles, a community that is one of the most under-resourced and densely populated neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Currently, CNCA has eight campuses that serve over 3,500 students from pre-K through 12th grade.
Description: Utilizing leadership, advocacy and collaboration, the school Speech and Language Pathologist will provide prevention, assessment and remediation services to students who exhibit difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice and fluency. These services are designed to help children meet their educational goals. The Speech and Language Pathologist will work with children across multiple sites in grades Prek-12.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, MA degree preferred
• CA Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential required or
• A CA state license and MA degree
• Bilingual in English and Spanish written and verbal preferred
• At least 2 years of experience working in a urban setting or in a charter school setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication