Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
Elementary RSP Teacher
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) is a community of high-performing public schools that utilizes a comprehensive approach to prepare students from preschool through high school for success in college and in life. We integrate academic rigor, community, family, and wellness to empower students to thrive in a culturally connected and changing world. Founded in 2000, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy students represent the neighborhood of MacArthur Park west of downtown Los Angeles, a community that is one of the most under-resourced and densely populated neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Currently, CNCA has eight campuses that serve over 3,500 students from pre-K through 12th grade.
CNCA currently seeks candidates who are committed to serving in under-resourced communities. We are seeking teachers who embrace research-based, innovative curricular frameworks such as a balanced literacy approach and conceptual based math. Our approach to teaching and learning involves a deep commitment to ongoing teacher professional development, and collaboration. Teachers must be visionaries, eager to be in the forefront of educational practices and must embrace the challenge of demonstrating that public education in a low-income, primarily immigrant, multilingual community can succeed. Teachers will receive a competitive salary, healthcare and retirement benefits.
Teachers will perform a full range of duties, including but not limited to:
• Regularly collaborating with assigned general education teachers to co-plan and co-teach curriculum in a manner that is accessible to all learners
• Providing intensive, individualized instruction to target students in a Learning Center setting
• Preparing/implementing lesson plans that lead to student mastery of curriculum content, including Spanish Language Arts, English Language Arts, English Language Development, and Math
• Developing /implementing integrated curriculum units, differentiating and scaffolding as needed
• Regularly assessing student progress to refine instruction and meet student needs
• Participating regularly in professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings
• Communicating frequently with students, students’ families, colleagues and other stakeholders
• Working closely with children and their families to promote personal growth and success
• Maintaining regular, punctual attendance
• Adhering to all laws and guidelines set forth by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the Modified Consent Decree -Drafting IEPs for all designated students on caseload in advance of the given deadline in accordance with federal, state, district, and CNCA guidelines
• Participating in IEP meetings in a student-centered approach with parents as partners
• Providing IEP goal progress reports in conjunction with school reporting periods
• Administering academic assessments for designated students as a part of initial, three-year, or re-evaluation IEPs and preparing an academic report in advance of the given timeline in accordance with federal, state, district, and CNCA guidelines
• Accurately tracking services on a weekly basis in the Welligent system
Applicants who possess the following skills will make the strongest candidates:
• California Teaching Credential Education Specialist Credential- Mild to Moderate or Moderate to Severe Disabilities (K-12)” credential with EL authorization
• Demonstrated ability to implement varied classroom instructional strategies
• Educational vision for and experience with low-income and /or minority students
• Demonstrated track record with English language learners and students with disabilities
• Ability to travel to multiple sites
• Welligent trained preferred
• Passion for working with children and their families
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
To apply please send resume and letter of interest to: https://careers-caminonuevo.icims.com
If you would like to be part of our applicant pool without applying for a specific position, please visit our online career center at https://careers-caminonuevo.icims.com.
We will keep your resume on file for one year for our review as positions become available.
For more information www.caminonuevo.org
* Camino Nuevo Charter Academy intends that all qualified persons shall have equal opportunities for employment and promotion. *
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying in educational programs, activities, or employment on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, parental, pregnancy, family or marital status, military status or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Camino Nuevo Charter Academy requires that school personnel take immediate steps to intervene when safe to do so when he or she witnesses an act of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
Questions or complaints of alleged discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying, equity or title IX equity and compliance concerns should be directed to Margarita Domingo at (213) 417-3410 or 3435 W Temple St. Los Angeles, CA